NEW YEAR RENEWAL RETREAT
3 Days, 2 Nights
January 19 - 21, 2018
Let's retreat to the woods of Sonoma together to get restored and inspired, and to kick off the New Year right!
I'm excited to present a weekend of communal fun characterized by wilderness-wandering, healthy food prepared with love, and, of course, deep-diving yoga practices.
We'll enjoy the incredibly relaxing solitude of Ratna Ling Retreat Center. Located only 90 miles north of SF, the center offers luxuriously comfortable accommodation in cabins strewn about their redwood-forested property. Choose to share a 2-bedroom cabin with a friend or two, or pay a bit more to have the space entirely to yourself. Every cabin has two private rooms (each with a queen-sized bed), one full bath, a mini refrigerator, microwave, hot water heater, tea, and coffee. Wi-fi and domestic telephone service are provided.
The retreat center is based in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition and therefore strictly vegetarian (as well as drug and smoke free). We will partake in their delicious, locally-sourced meals, which are served buffet-style, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during our stay. (Most special dietary needs can be accommodated, but need to be known in advance.)
The yoga offerings comprise a complete, grounding practice upon your arrival on Friday evening, a short Morning Yoga session before breakfast on Saturday, a 90-minute practice on Sunday morning, and the main event.... I've designed a 2-hour workshop perfect for launching you and your yoga practice into 2018 called, "Build Your Home Practice." In the workshop, we'll discuss the essential elements to jump-starting (or reviving) your home yoga practice — including:
- how to build a new yoga habit by linking it with an existing routine;
- how to maintain a manageable daily commitment without pressure;
- how to create a foundational, repeatable, enjoyable sequence of poses that leaves you feeling good and looking forward to the next day's edition.
Then, we'll put it all together in a full Vinyasa yoga practice.
In the middle half of the day on Saturday, you'll have the option to join for a moderate, middle-distance hike with breathtaking coastal views. Or you can revel in the stillness and sounds of the redwood forest at the center — kick back with a book on your private balcony, wander the trails, or take a restorative nap in your comfortable queen-sized bed.
So, set a healthy precedent for 2018 by giving yourself the gift of a revitalizing weekend escape — shared with soon-to-be friends — full of yoga, wilderness time, relaxation, and detoxifying food.
Prices, per person
Private Room (Queen bed, shared bath)
Double Occupancy $697
Single Occupancy* $957
Private Cabin (2 rooms, 2 Queen beds, 1 bath)
Double Occupancy $997
Single Occupancy* $1067
* limited availability
- 2 nights’ accommodation in comfortable cabins, linens and towels
- 5 vegetarian meals (beginning with dinner on 1/19, ending with brunch on 1/21)
- 4 yoga practices (1 x 30-min session, 2 x 90-min practices, 1 x 2-hour workshop, long savasanas & short meditations), use of mats, props
- 1 group hike
- Wi-fi and domestic telephone service (landline in every cottage)
- Gratuity for house and kitchen staff
What's Not Included:
- Transportation to/from Ratna Ling
- Supplemental, personal activities (i.e. massages, etc.)
- Other travel-related expenses