TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE YOGA ADVENTURE
7 Days, 7 Nights
Prices, per person –
Early Bird (thru 1/5/18) / Regular
Double (shared bath)* $2275 / $2455
Double (private bath) $2535 / $2740
Single (shared bath)* $2735 / $2955
Deluxe Single (private bath)* $3195 / $3450
Arrival: Fly from North America on Friday; Arrive in Italy and transfer to the villa on Saturday — either via the group transfer from Lucca, or on your own
Departure: Anytime on Saturday
Join Ananda Expeditions for a 7-day/7-night yoga adventure that comprises daily Vinyasa yoga practices (all-levels), adventurous hiking and sightseeing excursions led by local guides, an array of culinary and cultural experiences, and ample time for relaxing or exploring the area on your own.
In addition to its picturesque locale in the hills above Lucca, the villa boasts comfortable lodging and common spaces in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
During the week, we'll practice daily, explore the walled city of Lucca by bike with a local guide, walk to a neighboring winery for a tour and tasting, learn how to cook traditional Tuscan dishes from Maria Angela, and take a day-trip to the breathtaking beaches and cliff-side villages of Cinque Terre. You can also opt in for additional outings — including an evening out at the opera in Lucca, an excursion to the artists' community of Pietrasanta, and/or massage treatments on-site.
This is your chance to take your practice abroad and treat yourself to the active vacation you've been craving!
Day 0 — Friday
Depart, if you're flying from North America (or elsewhere outside Europe), for the overnight flight to Italy.
Day 1 — Saturday
Plan to arrive at the Lucca train station to catch the group transfer to the villa, or make your own way. Check-in at the villa at 4 PM. Settle into your room, then unwind with a relaxed, grounding yoga practice. Enjoy your first farm-to-table vegetarian meal, complete with local olive oil and wine, before retiring for a good night's sleep.
Days 2 - 6 — Sunday - Friday
While the schedule is subject to change, here's an outline of the two types of typical days:
Variant 1 (Most Days):
8:30 AM — Morning Yoga
9 AM — Breakfast
10:30 AM-1:30 PM — Guided Walk / Cooking Class / Free Time
1:30/2 PM — Lunch
5-7 PM — All-Levels Yoga Practice (including pose demonstrations and long savasana)
7:30 PM — Dinner
Variant 2 (Day-Trip Day):
6:30 AM — Quick Breakfast
7 AM — Depart for Cinque Terre Day Trip
7 PM — Return to Villa
7:30 PM — Dinner
Day 7 — Saturday
Enjoy a slightly earlier, farewell breakfast. We'll check out at 9:30 AM. Then, join the group transfer back to central Lucca, or continue on your own way.
Please contact Michael at email@example.com if you have questions or need help with the registration process.
- 7 nights' accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 vegetarian meals daily, except one lunch and one dinner out
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day. (Tea and coffee-making facilities are available in each house.)
- All group transportation, including one transfer from Lucca to villa on arrival day, and back to Lucca on departure day
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Planned activities (including day trip to Cinque Terre, tour of Lucca, cooking class, and winery visit), entrance fees, and local guides
- Use of laundry facilities in each house
- Gratuity for local guides, and house and kitchen staff
What's Not Included:
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Ground transportation to/from arrival airport to Lucca, and transfers from/to Lucca outside the one scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day*
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Supplemental activities (i.e. massages, shopping, opera, etc.) and transportation outside planned group activities
- Short-term traveler's insurance
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfer from arrival airport can be arranged and provided for an additional fee
Payment Schedule & Cancellation Policy
- $500 deposit to reserve space
- Balance due 90 days prior to departure
Should circumstances arise that result in your canceling your reservation, Ananda Expeditions, Ltd. will refund payment less a cancellation fee as follows (computed based on date of receipt of written cancellation):
Days Prior to Trip:
More than 120 days
91 – 120 days
46 – 90 days
45 days or less
$100 admin fee
100% of deposit
50% of trip cost
100% of trip cost
Ananda Expeditions, Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure in the event that cancellation is deemed necessary or wise. Such conditions might include, but are not limited to, insufficient participant registration or other logistical challenges that would negatively affect trip operation. The refund of all payments received shall release Ananda Expeditions, Ltd. from any further liability. Ananda Expeditions, Ltd. is not responsible for non-recoverable expenses incurred by clients in preparation for a cancelled trip, including airfare.